Safeguarding for children & vulnerable adults. Safeguarding is important to us at HUCB London. Our Safeguarding Designated Person is Nneka Keazor.
Do you have a safeguarding concern that needs reporting?
Anybody can make a referral:
- In an emergency, call 999;
- Out of Hours Team, 0308 489 0000;
- Haringey MASH, 0208 489 4470;
- Haringey LADO, 0208 488 3665;
- CAIT (Police CP), 0208 345 2246;
- NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000.
HUCB upholds safeguarding duties working with children, young people, vulnerable adults and their families. We promote procedures that effectively safeguard welfare of our vulnerable congregation.
- We accept and endorse the principles set out in ‘Baptist Together’ Child Protection Policy
- We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole Christian community.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working in both paid and voluntary positions with children or vulnerable adults, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and making appropriate referrals to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or vulnerable adult may be at risk or have been harmed, cooperating with the police and social care services in any investigation.
- We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support as appropriate in line with our safeguarding policy
All Sunday school teachers, trustees and volunteers have mandatory annual safeguarding refresher training.
Please click below for HUCB London Safeguarding Policy (March 2023)